Thursday, July 2, 2009

There's No Place Like Car




So after an amazing morning of hiking the Beehive and the Bowl (I am man enough to admit i was a bit scared at times on the hike) we headed home. Well, to the RV park, actually, to The Beast.

Kids spent the afternoon playing on the rocks, biking, renting some weird sit and lean cycle thing and making new friends playing kickball. The park is actually pretty comfortable.

So Dinner... Why can't i make a fire? I know the wind was blowing but I am so good at it at home, why can't i use the fire ring and get the damn thing to lite? I even had one of those charcoal chimney things. I tried but i lost... I'll get it next time.

So how good is this? There is a guy who comes to the park every day makes lobster dinners. He got the lobsters from the dock at 430 and he steamed ours at 630. They were unreal. as was the corn, coleslaw, melted butter and wine. And then, just when you think your dinner with your beautiful wife overlooking the bay could not get any better... ding-a ling-a-ling ... (no not Good Humor) a couple was riding around in their station wagon selling fresh made apple and blueberry pies!!!! Right to our RV, I mean The Beast, I mean our home. There's no place like home.

BTW - I got the fire going and now the kids are making Smores with their new friends.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like the Ritz - fresh lobster dinners, white wine, homemade apple pies and palm trees (albeit plastic). Sounds like you are having a blast. Any interior Beast photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm...fresh lobster. Keep the fire burning...I'm coming over for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are having an awesome time! Hats off to Evan for being able to maneuver "the beast" in the parking lot. The pictures are fantastic. We are vacationing vicariously through you.
    The Vavasour's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything sounds like great fun. Ethan and I only went to Greasy Nicks. He had steamers but alas no lobster, wine or pie. Keep the pictures comming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I understand on weekends that the Filet Mignon / Champagne truck comes a stopping by. And here I thought your average RV facility sported corn dogs, twinkies and beef jerky vending machines. Go figure. Sounds like you guys are having too much fun.

    ReplyDelete