Tuesday, June 30, 2009

RV Eve - Are We Ready?

Really, I must have forgotten something. Not that we're packed - the stuff is kind of all over house at this point - but I'm sure that we will have to turn around 7 times tomorrow before we even hit 95. (not including the time we turn around to make sure the iron is unplugged even though no one in this family has used an iron since...)

We can only bring what will fit in the minivan - so that has limited the amount of sugar cereal, flashlights and DVDs that will be coming with us. Izzy's dog food bag is bigger than our clothing bags, but we all have our priorities.

I asked the kids to pack their own game/toy bag and after inspecting Sophie's bag I had to gently encourage her to forgo the 1.000-piece bead bucket as any slight turn or sudden RV stop would dislodge the bucket, knocking the beads everywhere. We really don't need a situation like that.

The kids are eating Chinese takeout as I have depleted the refrigerator and freezer as if we were leaving for a year. Any ice-encrusted ziploc-bagged food item that was in the freezer has now been consumed. (Note to self: Remember to pack the stomach-related medicines.)

One more load of laundry to go and then it's up to Evan to pack the car. If anyone ever needs a lesson in orderly packing (we're talking socks-stuffed-into-shoes kind of packing) come to our house. Evan is the king.

9 comments:

  1. Why do i keep picturing I love lucy? Or carol burnett on mad about you! Seriously - have a blast!

    Aunt Pam (or sissy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! Probably a dream trip for David...can I send him with you? Enjoy. (Socks stuffed into shoes...I will have to remember that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have the BEST time!!
    I did this growing up and have the fondest memories of my father screaming explecatives at my mother everytime we broke down by a cow pasture, lovely stream, or other scenic stop.

    It will be a wonderful trip.xox Laurie and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was from me, Laurie Batal. Who is Alice? The Phantom RV ghost?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so brave. Good luck! And have a super time.

    P.S. I'm with Pam....I'm thinking I Love Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kamers!
    This blog is a fantastic idea, especially since I am glued to the computer lately. I know you will all have an amazing time. Take tons of photos. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are off to a great start! Remember to take lots of photos (not necessarily the sights, but the other RV-ers as well)!! Hope you brought lots of Cup of Noodles, it is really the only answer at any time of day or night. Got to keep the kiddies happy!!
    Have a fabulous time-this is one for the memory books...did somebody say SCRAPBOOK??!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's not just the dog food that is bigger... Izzy is bigger than each of you... BTW, MyRye.com is closely watching this trip! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crack me up! Loved reading your first installment...keep them coming! If nothing else, your sense of humor with get you through this adventure:-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete